A home away from home
Our homes are filled with more than help, they're filled with hope
It is our pleasure to provide a “home away from home” for families while their child is being treated at local Mobile hospitals. Great love and consideration has been taken to ensure each family’s temporary stay at Ronald McDonald House of Mobile is as pleasant as possible. Each resident has access to each of the following accommodations during their time at the House.
• Guest Rooms – A spacious private guest room.
• Kitchen/Dining Area – Up-to-date kitchen that you can choose either to enjoy a family meal prepared by volunteers or cook a meal for your family.
• Laundry Facilities – Residents may use one of our three laundry facilities that are equipped with washers, dryers, irons and other appliances.
• Play Areas – Children can enjoy the fun playroom and outside playground equipment.
• Exercise Room – From treadmills to exercise bicycles, we have it all for your family to use.
How Can my Family Stay?
A referral from a nurse, doctor or social worker is sent to Ronald McDonald House with your family’s information. Your family should live at least 20 miles or more to be eligible and have a child that is 21 years of age or younger in a Mobile area hospital. Once the initial referral has been made, a staff member or volunteer will contact the family to confirm room availability.
How much does it cost per night?
Families are encouraged to make a $12 per night donation. Arrangements may be made for a reduced and/or waived rate on a case by case basis. No family is ever turned away because of their inability to pay.